Kutak Rock LLP is seeking a full-time, associate attorney with 3-4 years of experience to join its Omaha Technology Transactions Practice Group. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest and experience in corporate transactions, including technology transactions, software licensing agreements, development agreements, and areas of intellectual property law, such as trademark and copyright matters.
QUALIFICATIONS: Skills & Abilities
– Ability to structure, draft, and negotiate sophisticated agreements with cloud service providers, software licensors, data licensors, professional service providers, and other technology vendors and licensors
– Ability to apply expert knowledge of contracting requirements under various data privacy laws, including HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA and other data privacy regulations, including provisions related to lawful, cross-border personal data transfer
– Ability to identify material legal, regulatory, contracting, and business issues and provide pragmatic solutions using prudent business judgment and apply effective risk management strategies, often on a time-sensitive basis
– Ability to interpret complex agreements and provide clear information and analysis to business stakeholders
– Ability to manage many concurrent, complex matters with multiple stakeholders and business pressures
– Intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs
– Superior writing skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent judgment and attention to detail
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
– Law Degree (JD) from an ABA accredited law school
– 3-4 years of general commercial contracting experience, including negotiating, drafting, and advising on various types of agreement
– Experience negotiating, drafting, and advising on technology agreements whether at a top-tier law firm or in a sophisticated in-house environment
– Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Dependent Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Flexible Spending Plan. Health Savings Account. Profit-Sharing and 401(k) Retirement benefits. Paid Holidays and Paid-Time Off Plan. Employee Assistance Program. Tuition Reimbursement. Back-Up Care. Domestic Partner Benefits. Commuting Benefits. Some of the foregoing benefits include Employer/Employee cost sharing.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Kutak Rock strongly encourages all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
About the Firm
Kutak Rock was formed in 1965 with a commitment to exceptional client service delivered with a collaborative, team-focused approach. Our founding charter commits the firm to “allow and encourage each individual within it to be a full person,” and we strive to offer an exceptional professional environment, intellectually challenging and engaging work in multiple disciplines, competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for training and career development. We are a leading national law firm with locations in 19 cities united by our common commitment to our core values of client service; integrity and fairness; innovation; and inclusiveness and diversity.
We are dedicated to the maintenance of a respectful, collegial, communicative, and equal opportunity workplace that encourages and rewards innovation and entrepreneurship. We measure our success not just on the basis of our revenues or our profits, but by the satisfaction we deliver for our clients and the health, engagement and loyalty of our people.
To apply for this job please visit kutakrock-careers.viglobalcloud.com.