Typical Duties include:
- Review formal complaints and draft Federal EEO acceptance and dismissal Letters;
- Conduct EEO investigations and draft Reports of Investigation;
- Draft Final Agency Decisions;
- Develop and present expert written and oral briefings and trainings on significant EEO compliance issues;
- Research complex and novel EEO legal issues and provide technical guidance;
- Develop procedures, guidance material, training content, and policy directives;
- Apply federal sector EEO laws and adhere to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission regulations, guidelines, and processes to facilitate efficient processing of EEO complaints.
Conditions of Employment
- CITIZENSHIP: This position is open to US Citizens.
- You must possess a J.D. or LL.B Degree.
- You must be an active member of the bar in good standing
- Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
- Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
- This position has promotion potential to the SK-14.
- TRIAL PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a two-year trial period.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
- DRUG TESTING: This position may be subjected to drug testing requirements.
- PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
- Due to COVID-19, the SEC is currently in an optional telework posture. This position is eligible to request telework in accordance with the SEC ‘s telework policy.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: All applicants must possess the following
- J.D. or LL.B. degree –AND–
- Active membership of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico. (Note: proof of bar membership will be required before entry on duty.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, applicants must also meet the minimum qualification requirement.
SK-12: Applicant must haveone year of post-J.D. experience independently identifying legal issues, providing legal analyses, providing legal solutions/recommendations, and preparing legal documents related to the Federal sector EEO process.
SK-13: Applicant must have at leasttwoyears of post-J.D experience independently identifying legal issues, providing legal analyses, providing legal solutions/recommendations, and preparing legal documents, related to the Federal sector EEO process, which also includes at least one year of specialized experience:
- Drafting Acceptance and Dismissal Letters;
- Drafting Final Agency Decisions;
- Drafting and reviewing Policies, Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Preparing and assisting in the preparation of internal and external reporting requirements; and
- Developing and executing training related to Federal EEO protections.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
For more information please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/706990900?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.