ATTORNEY OPPORTUNITIES IN THE OFFICE OF THE GENERAL COUNSEL
The Office of the General Counsel at the Securities and Exchange Commission seeks applicants to join our Appellate group as a General Attorney at the SK-13 level (salary range: $113,533 – $192,347) at Commission Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
The Appellate group represents the Commission in appeals of civil enforcement actions and in petitions seeking appellate review of Commission adjudicatory actions and rulemakings. Attorneys in the Appellate group draft appellate briefs, present oral arguments, and provide legal advice concerning a variety of complex legal issues involving the federal securities laws, the Constitution, the Administrative Procedure Act, and the Bankruptcy Code.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must possess the following:
- J.D. or LL.B. degree;
- Active membership of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico;
- A minimum of two years post-J.D. experience as a practicing attorney conducting legal research, providing legal analysis and recommendations, and preparing legal documents;
- At least one year of that experience should be in the specialty area of appellate litigation performing legal research and analysis, providing legal advice, and preparing a variety of legal documents; and
- Superior skills in writing, oral advocacy, and research.
- Prior federal judicial clerkships; substantial appellate work; critical motions writing; an understanding of the federal securities laws and the Administrative Procedure Act
To apply: Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to GCResumes@sec.gov.
Questions: Call Paul Alvarez at (202) 551-5038.
To apply for this job email your details to GCResumes@sec.gov